Since the day French psychologist Alfred Binet introduced the first IQ test, improving intelligence preoccupied society. The idea that intelligence is enhanced has opened new avenues into studies on how it is increased.
According to psychological scientists who are in the frontline of the study, intelligence is genetically determined or hereditary. But there are existing notions in which it is malleable.
Intelligence is divided into two categories. First is the fluid intelligence which refers to the ability of the brain to reason in an abstract way and solve problems. Second is the crystallized intelligence which is the ability to acquire intellectual skills like reading and comprehension and it improve as you age.
According to researchers, there are two ways to improve intelligence; that is by cognitive training and another that focused on pharmacological interventions. As a result of their study, it was known that the attempts to improve intelligence are 40 to 60 percent unsuccessful. This also meant that there are 40 to 60 percent chances that it actually worked.
To enhance fluid intelligence, computerized cognitive training designed to improve attention, working memory, and executive control has shown enormous promise.
Intelligence cannot be enhanced by taking a pill. But, it can improve. Some stimulant medications bring improvement to basic reaction time and processing time, nut not memory. The herbs ginko biloba, ginseng, and brhami have demonstrated some capacity to improve working memory.
Eventually, the biggest advance in measuring intelligence will be to measure outside of the laboratory. Life itself is an intelligence test. The biggest challenge however is how it can be scored.
Nothing comes more equipped with modern-day humans then the way they interpret info, this is true for every human being on the planet no matter how stupid or intelligent they are. However, there are always these people who are more gifted at understanding data in readings, these people are the ones that are much more in demand in today’s techno and advanced world.
Brain training is not new. It helps us retain information, remember facts more quickly, and sharpen our focus. A short course of brain exercises helps older adults improve reasoning skills and processing speed.
The following are some simple daily habits you can work into routine to sharpen your memory.
- Play Chess. Chess is a complex game; it develops your problem solving skills, improves your concentration and stimulates both sides of the brain.
- Do Sprints Daily. Aerobic exercise is good for your brain. It is a fact that working out increases IQ more than playing an online game.
- Take Creatine. Studies showed that creatine gave a significant boost to brain power. It lifts the energy level available for computations in your brain.
- Do Meditations. Meditating for at least 20 minutes daily not only boosts your mood and lower your stress levels, but it also improves efficiency when it comes to deep cognitive processing. It will help you become innovative.
- Get Enough Sleep. Studies showed that every hour less than the recommended eight hours of sleep a night can lessen 1 point from your IQ.
- Learn New Language. Learning a foreign language according to neuroscience makes your brain grow. It is simply because you are causing the language centers in the brain to expand which will help with other language tasks like negotiating, reading, and problem-solving.
- Have A Guitar Lesson. Learning a musical instrument can raise the IQ of both adults and children.
It is usual to think that a person’s IQ is fixed. Meaning you can take an IQ test and it tells you how smart you are. But that’s not how it works; intelligence is more fluid than expected. The brain is more malleable than rigid. Therefore it is always important to work extra mile to keep and improve our intelligence.
rotogenflux methods pdf
rotogenflux methods meaning
what is rotogenflux methods